Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I hope you are well. I am 32 weeks pregnant and 3 days. I

Customer Question

Hello,I hope you are well.
I am 32 weeks pregnant and 3 days.
I had a cervical biopsy done on Friday.
On Monday morning clear liquid started leaking enough to wear sanitary towels I went into hospital to check it wasn’t my waters and they were unsure due to the biopsy and which fluid it could beI went for a scan yesterday and I can see a drop in fluid is this normal at this stage?
I am still trickling fluid slowlyThank you
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (LL552MS)
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 17 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. Amniotic fluid does decrease as the pregnancy progresses. Looks like there is still a large pocket. Why did you have a biopsy so late in pregnancy?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have been having bleeding throughout pregnancy.
They then found something on my cervix and referred me for a colposcopy at the colposcopy the doctor said I needed a biopsy that day I’m still waiting on my results for this
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 17 days ago.
Ok. They should be able to tell amniotic fluid from a ferning test. If this was negative its not your amniotic fluid.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’ve had speculum examinations and they are unsure still. Is there anything else I can do?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 17 days ago.
I’m not sure why they would be unsure as ferning should be very easy to detect at 32 weeks. You should be resting as much as possible. Keep track of the baby’s movements as I am sure they have told you. And you should be rescanned within the week.