How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 14990
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Medical Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

Is there a gender therapist I can talk to please? I've only

Customer Question

Hi is there a gender therapist I can talk to please?
JA: The Psychologist can help. To begin, how many therapist visits have you done? Were they helpful?
Customer: I've only done online CBT before but it wasn't for me
JA: Thanks for that. How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: Anxiety, but I'm sleeping fine
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Not sure if they need this information, but I've had depression most of my life and an eating disorder anout 4/5 years ago
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

Can you tell me more?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi. Sorry about late reply. I'm very nervous. Also if there's a time difference, I'm in the UK and it's 10:20 am where I am now. So I just want to say that I feel that I have gender dysphoria. I am biologically female but I've always felt like a boy, and I'm uncomfortable with my feminine voice and appearance. I'd just like to know how I can get a diagnosis if possible?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 days ago.

I'm on Mountain Time USA.

It is fairly straight forward for you to begin the process of physically transforming from a female to a male. Unfortunately, it take some time -- often years -- and you have to jump through a bunch of hoops...

Here is where you can start the process through the NHS:

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best on your transition :)

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
the process sounds a bit daunting, but I've looked into the treatments and I feel ready to start hormone therapy. Can you prescribe testosterone directly or do you make referrals? Thanks very much :)
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

We can not prescribe medicine is against the law.

Your GP can refer you through the NHS system or you can start the process though the link I gave you above.

I wish you the very best in your journey.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS