Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I had 2 bad colds in January and I noticed that whenever I

Customer Question

I had 2 bad colds in January and I noticed that whenever I tried to get back in the gym and cut my calories after this I would start coming down with a new cold.
So, I'm determined to get my health and weight on track so I gave up drinking and sugar about 11 weeks ago. The problem I am having is that I still keep coming down with a sore throat and feeling like I'm getting a cold if I cut my calories down to even as high as 1400. At the moment I'm eating about 2000 to keep the cold at bay. I half expect this straight after giving up alcohol and sugar but it's been nearly 3 months and I'm worried there is something wrong as my immune system just can't take a cut in calories and / or strenuous exercise without me feeling like I'm getting a cold. When I get the sore throat and start feeling I put my calories back up to 2000 and the sore throat goes. I'm desperate to lose weight and I just don't know what to do. I know I'm not imagining the sore throat. Is there something I can do to boost my immune system while my body adjusts to no sugar and booze?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Did you read my question?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please cancel this question