Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My temporary filling that I had before coronavirus has

Customer Question

Hi, my temporary filling that I had before coronavirus has fallen out. In need of a dentist to fill again if possible?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No doctor and no medication relating to dentist
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: yes allergic to penicillin and take lymecyclin daily
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 16 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. Here is how to get emergency dental care in the UK right now. Most likely they will tell you to use a temporary Coronavirus: update on getting help from a dentist
Because of coronavirus (COVID-19), all routine dental treatment has been stopped at the moment.
If you think you need urgent dental treatment:
* call your dentist
* use the NHS 111 online service if you cannot contact your dentist or you do not have one
Find out how to get medical help from home.
If you need dental treatment in an emergency
* call a dentist: some surgeries offer appointments at short notice
* if you do not have a dentist, find one using NHS 111
If you need to see a dentist out of hours
* call a dentist: their voicemail may advise where to get out-of-hours treatment
* call NHS 111 to find an out-of-hours dental service near you
Do not contact a GP, as they will not be able to offer emergency or out-of-hours dental care.
If you're in pain while waiting to see a dentist, take painkillers. NHS 111 can also offer other self-care advice.
How much will I be charged?
An urgent dental treatment will cost £22.70 – see Understanding NHS dental charges.
If you're entitled to free NHS dental care, you should be able to claim back the cost of any treatment.
Ensure you keep all receipts. For more information, see Find out how to get help with dental costs.
If you're asked to come back for further treatment, this will be considered to be a separate course of non-urgent treatment.
You'll have to pay the relevant charge for the new course of treatment.
Ask the dentist what the treatment will cost or whether you can have a treatment plan.https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/dental-health/how-can-i-access-an-nhs-dentist-in-an-emergency-or-out-of-hours/Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.