wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am waking at night hot then cold and sweats, palpitations,

Customer Question

I am waking at night hot then cold and sweats, palpitations, tingling in fingers. After about 10 mins it goes
Have hot flashes during the day but more so at night.
Memory lapses and tip of tongue burning. Sometimes my ears and nose feel blocked.
Pain between breasts.
Could this be menopause and anxiety and acid symptons.
I am 54
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 17 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 17 days ago.

Yes. This could all be due to anxiety along with an overlap of perimenopausal symptoms.

So. What should you do?

1. Ask your GP or OB/GYN to check your hormone levels to see if you are going into menopause.

2. Ask about trying some anti anxiety medication.

I bet with treatment you will feel better soon.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
At the moment it is difficult to see my GP. Can I call asking for a telephone conversation for my symptoms?
Can you recommend any medication for anxiety?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 16 days ago.

I would recommend Prozac and perhaps a short course of valium.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS