Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my name is*****: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have a tightness in my chest for about 8 weeks now. I also have difficulty in breathing in that I’m having to take deep breaths at Times. This lasts throughout the course of the day on and off. Sometimes I get a slight feeling of cough also sometimes when I yawn it’s like o can’t complete the yawn properly as though there’s a lack of oxygen. . I’ve seen My Gp and had a chest X-ray and ecg and echo test and a full blood count and all are fine. I can’t help but think what it is and it’s really stressing me out. I’ve had a covid test and that’s also clear. please can you help.
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: Not really. I mean I went for a 5k run yesterday and was fine. Not dealt with this before.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 17 days ago.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 17 days ago.

May I know your age please? Do you have any other chronic health condition? Do you smoke? Do you hear any whistling sounds? Do you have cough?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
47
I’m otherwise fit and healthy and work out regularly
Non smoker and non drinker
No whistling sound
Occasional cough but very very rare
No chronic health condition
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 17 days ago.

Does this feeling get better at all? May be with rest?

Did the doctor check your ecg?

Do you have any allergies?

Have you been stressed lately?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ecg fine
Echo test fine
Chest x ray clear
Cbc fineOccasionally it’s fineI am a worrier and keep worrying what’s wrong with me
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No allergies that I know of
But been taking zirtec for a week to see if it’s allergy issue but no difference
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 17 days ago.

Alright. There is a possibility of obstructive airway disease /asthma here even if all the tests you mentioned have turned out fine. It usually requires a test called spirometery....... alternatively your doctor can give you an inhaler or a short course of steroids to see if you get better. If all of this has no effect on your condition then the next step is to do a CT scan of chest. If that is also fine then probably you're just a little anxious. You should discuss these possibilities with your doctor.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Are any of these serious potentially?
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 17 days ago.

I don't think you have a sinister lesion like cancer here. Your symptoms do not match. Rest of the things are manageable.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 17 days ago.

Do you have any other queries?

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied . You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page . Best regards, ***** *****