neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

My sister had a CT scan which was clear. Yet, she is often

My sister had a CT scan which was clear. Yet, she is often confused and forgetful and unable to dress properly, etc. Because of lockdown we can get no further scans or help.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long has your sister had forgetfulness? Has she used any medication for it?
Customer: no meds for that at all. She is 70 years old. She was with me for 8weeks of lockdown and I saw much deterioration.
JA: Thanks for that. Has she seen a doctor about the changing vision?
Customer: spoke with her dr on the ‘phone. She said she would contact Social Work and CPN
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in her medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: yes, two years ago her late husband had a brain tumour. He was on steroids and attacked her with a knife with about 20 wounds. Don’t think she has been herself since.

Hello -

Certainly that would have been a traumatic experience for her.

It would be helpful for her doctor to evaluate her, check bloodwork (ruling out things like anemia, thyroid dysfunction, electrolyte abnormalities) and screen for depression, as those may be causes for "dementia" like symptoms.

A normal CT scan is helpful and essentially rules out issues like brain tumors, normal pressure hydrocephalus here.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!