neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

I have scoliosis and I had fusion surgery a couple of years

Customer Question

I have scoliosis and I had fusion surgery a couple of years ago, for the last month or two I've had trouble with my balance but now I'm getting a pressure feeling in my lower back hips and lower abdomen also I'm feeling numbness in my legs and left foot should I go to a and e
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the numbness? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: About a month and I'm taking nurofen
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the numbness?
Customer: No I spoke to my doctor about my balance problems about 2 months ago and he referred me to physio but I had no numbness then
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No just the surgery
Expert:  neurosurg replied 17 days ago.

Hello -

Your symptoms of balance issues, pressure in the lower back, numbness in the legs suggests pressure on your spinal cord.

I would be asking for urgent evaluation from your spine surgeon, with MRI imaging of the thoracic and lumbar spines here.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Could this get worse if I leave it
Expert:  neurosurg replied 17 days ago.

Yes it could get worse. It appears that it is already getting worse.

Worsening numbness, then perhaps pain, or weakness in the legs.

Expert:  neurosurg replied 8 days ago.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!