Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Knee and hip pain

Knee and hip pain
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. How long has this pain been there for?
3. Is it only pain or is there any tingling and numbness too?
4. Is the pain aggravated by movement?
5. Has it started after any unaccustomed work or heavy exercise or weight lifting?
6. Are you a hypertensive or diabetic?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello I am 24 years old and female, the pain has been coming and going over the past couple of months. Only pain in both knees and pain in my hips, no tingling or numbness. The pain gets worst with movement it’s like a constant aching feeling. I have also noticed when the fan on is this brings on the pain. No to the rest of your questions.

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that this could be a radiculopathy or a pinched nerve anywhere along its course.

This usually occurs due to pressure or force on the nerve anywhere along its tract by the adjacent tissues like - bone or tendon or inter-vertebral disc (commonly called a herniated disc). The discs that sit between the vertebrae have a tough outer shell and jelly-like center. The outer shell of the discs can sometimes break open, spilling the jelly material inside. This is what doctors call a herniated disc. Herniated discs can cause symptoms, because the jelly material that spills out of them can irritate nearby nerves. Plus, the disc itself can bulge and press on nerves.

There are tests that can check for a herniated disc, but most people do not need them. That's because many people who have symptoms of a herniated disc get better on their own, regardless of what that test shows.

Imaging tests, such as an MRI or a CT scan, can show what the tissues inside the back look like. These tests can find a herniated disc if one is there. But doctors do not usually offer this test until a person has had symptoms for at least 4 to 6 weeks. In most cases, it does not make sense to order the test sooner, because the treatment for herniated disc during those first few weeks is the same no matter what an imaging test might show.

Management includes -

●Pain medicines that you can get without a prescription. (If these do not work, doctors and nurses can prescribe stronger pain medicines.)

●Medicines to relax the muscles (called muscle relaxants)

●Injections of medicines that numb the back or reduce swelling

●Physical therapy to teach you special exercises and stretches

●Spinal manipulation, which is when someone like a physical therapist or a chiropractor moves or "adjusts" the joints of your back

●Acupuncture, which is when someone who knows traditional Chinese medicine inserts tiny needles into your body to block pain signals

●Massage

If not better then surgery might be contemplated.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.