Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DNB
19010125

My 8 year old daughter has a raised area near her eyelid,

My 8 year old daughter has a raised area near her eyelid, only noticed it this evening and intrigued to understand what it could be.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (PGT36Q7)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (Q77P126)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (65663T5)

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and please ignore these requests. I would prefer discussing your concern through chat.

Thanks for the pictures. i will review them and get back to you in 5 - 10 mins with my recommendations.

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi, I have dealt with you before, how are you?

hello

i am doing good. Hope everything good at your end too

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m good thanks
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just noticed this on the inner part of my daughters eye, so thought I’d ask the question

Thanks for your patience.

I understand your concern. I reviewed the pictures, it seems like a harmless thing called DPN, its like a cyst containing dead skin cells(keratin). It can occasionally happen in children too , but is usually seen in adults. Some people refer to this also as a mole.

It may not require treatment, as it is of cosmetic significance. If it grows in size, removal can be considered, a dermatologist can bur it or freeze it off.

Though its nothing to be alarmed at the moment, I would still advise that once the pandemic settles, you could let a dermatologist check it with the dermatoscope , so he/she can see the deeper structures , which will give a clearer idea of how it is behaving and whether it has a deeper component.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, so are they serious?

No, they are benign and harmless, only of cosmetic significance. Nothing to worry but I though that a baseline evaluation would be a good idea to have with your doctor, just to understand when to treat it in case it increases in size.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What causes them and is there anything we can do to help it go?

basically, these are just cysts which contain dead skin cells, they can occur occasionally as a result of sun exposure, usually they just occur without any reason in a child, in adults they occur as a part of aging change of the skin.

There is no cream that will really help to treat it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My partner thinks she can see a white head in there, she thinks it may be a spot

yes in this picture, I can appreciate what she is referring to, which I could not see in other pictures, I checked them once again.

It could be slight inflammation in the region. I would advise the use of cortisone cream mixed with neosporin cream only once a day in that area for 3- 4 days, it should settle the inflammation.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don’t think the other pictures were clear

no worries, in case you want to send me more, I will be happy to check them

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My partner had a really close look, it’s inflamed and she believe it has a little white head. My daughters been dressing up recently and applying make up which may explain it
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will leave this chat open for the moment, my daughters having a bath, will see if I can get a better picture as well

Yes, that seems a likely explanation, The application of these creams should settle it down.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok awesome

Sure, no worries

Take care