wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have been dealing with gastric trouble in my upper abdomen

Customer Question

Hi there I have been dealing with gastric trouble in my upper abdomen for 4 months now , I have been back and forth at the a &e and they only gave lansaprozale I was taking them 4 weeks and didn’t do anything for me , I was burping constantly , abdomen pains chest pains, cannot finish a whole meal , joint pains , pains in my wrist why is this? I am now on some H2 tablets my gp gave me , is this a stomach ulcer or acid / gas? Have been dealing with it for a while now but nothing has helped also tried omeprozale still nothing x been tested for h pylori top came back negative
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: I’m been feeling a lot of anxiety
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I’ve had this problem before I had my daughter when I’d eat something gassy like rice pasta etc it would come but would settle after a bit and would be very mild, nothing like it is now
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 15 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 15 days ago.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and ask your GP to refer you to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can I take mastika capsules ? Do these help stomach ulcers , gastritis ?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 15 days ago.

I would not waste your time or money on matika capsules.

They have not been proven to be of any value whatsoever.

They will not help.

Does this make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 15 days ago.

Got the pictures.

Be right back

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 12 days ago.

Can I be of any further service?