wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am a 14 year old and depressed, Yes and 3 years, No

Customer Question

I am a 14 year old and depressed
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: Yes and 3 years
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 15 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 15 days ago.

The best thing for you to do is get under the care of a team consisting of a MS level social worker (group therapy, CBT), a PhD level psychologist (talk therapy) and a MD level psychiatrist (medical management).

This multi pronged approach has the best chance of making things better.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can I take pills for it?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 15 days ago.

Yes.

But they would have to be prescribed by a doctor.

Pills work very well, especially when combined with the treatment noted above.

Make sense?

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay thank you
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 15 days ago.

My pleasure.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS