Ask a Doctor and Get an Answer to Your Medical Question ASAP
Hello...I need some more information please.
1. Since how long have you had this?
2. Are you experiencing any weakness?
3. Any sensory symptoms like tingling or crawling feeling in the legs when asleep?
4. Did this start after taking any antihistamines or allergy medications?
Then it should benign sleep myoclonus.
These sort of jerking movements are normal and need not be worried about.
This is self limiting and no need for any treatment for this.
Usually this occurs at the point where you are about to sleep and while waking up.
Need not worry about it please.
Are you not able to sleep then?
1. Is this an electric shock like sensation whcih is felt moving down the limbs?
2. Is this a jerky movement which is felt just before you are falling asleep or just before you are waking up?
3. Is there any family history multiple sclerosis?
4. Is there any double vision?
5. Are you experiencing any weakness in any part of the body?
6. Are there any bladder problems like urgency or frequency or loss of control?
7. Are there any involuntary muscle twitchings?
8. Are you experiencing the symptoms only now or have they been recurring?
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?
If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.
This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani