sofia khan
sofia khan,
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

I am suddenly bleeding from my scrotum there appears to be a

I am suddenly bleeding from my scrotum there appears to be a wound there although I haven't knocked it or had an accident etc
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No it only happened this morning for the 1st time. I was having a wash and the sponge was full of blood
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about this?
Customer: No I'm 75, in receipt of a dangerously at risk letter . have been self isolating for 8 weeks now. I am on blood thinners for irregular heart rhythm
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: No I do tend to suffer from thin & dry skin
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No supporting docs

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician with specialist training in dermatology. I shall try and help you today with your query.

Let me have a quick read through and I’ll get back to you shortly.

if you have noticed a wound, is it possible to upload a picture of this wound?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not possible to photograph- I think it might be a skin lesion that got torn. Have now spoken to my own GP and will see how it se settles down.
I will come back to you!

I actually agree with your doctor.

looking at your background history and the fact that you have been on blood thinners, there is a possibility that you might have torn the skin with the scrub. especially if there was no pre-existing lesion in this area as well.

for quicker healing, you can put some hydrocortisone 1% on this area, twice daily for the next 3-5 days. It will take down the inflammation and help with faster wound healing. You can buy it OTC.

If at any point you notice heavy bleeding, then please seek urgent help.

I hope this answers your question.

If you are happy with the response, Can I ask you to take some time to rate the consultation? Your feedback is very important for my professional growth and also for the fact that until you have rated the consultation we do not get paid for our work.

This does not mean that your query gets closed after that. You can come back as many times as you like through the thread and ask me further questions regarding this problem.

Best wishes and good luck.

Dr Khan

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m fine now. I think it was just a nick in the skin. No more blood etc.

Ok, thats good to know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you. Good service!

.