Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

A family member, who has had a serious reaction to a

A family member, who has had a serious reaction to a fluoroquinolone and already has pain in joints in different parts of his body, has hurt his hand pressing down too hard on a lever.
He can open and close his hand and individual fingers but the back of his hand has a burning sensation.
Might he have torn something in his hand?Thank youMike O’Donovan

Good evening Mike, I am Dr Elliot. When did they injure their hand and it there any bruising or swelling there?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
it was 4-5 days ago and there is no bruising or smelling

Thanks - is the burning sensation still present? and is it tender to touch?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The burning sensation is still present.I don't think it is tender to touch.

Thanks. So if there is no bruising and it is not tender, then I am not as concerned regarding a bony injury and would therefore agree a soft tissue injury could have caused this

I think it would be reasonable by 1 week if the burning sensation is not beginning to settle then someone should have a look at it

If there is no reason they cannot use a topical anti inflammatory then I would use that for a few days to see if it speeds up the recovery

Please ask if there did anything else. Please could you also kindly rate my answer. This is the only way I am rewarded for answering questions. Thank you