Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I went to see the stomatologist a couple of days ago who

I went to see the stomatologist a couple of days ago who said that I have costen syndrome. He said the two sides of the mouth were uneven when I bite and therefore he chipped at three teeth on the right-hand side to balance it since the sounds were coming from the left ear. I will see him again in 3 weeks' time to see if the mouth is even and the symptoms from the ear have disappeared. He also mentioned that I would need a night guard temporarily.Will the symptoms of the high-pitched sound when I move the jaw up and down and the fullness/pressure in the ear eventually disappear?
Thank you for requesting me here.
I am currently reviewing your question and be back with your shortly.
All the customer or patient information is masked from us due to privacy concerns.
May I request you send me the screen shots our previous interaction or remind be here please?
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
JustAnswerAsk a question
You rated 5 stars
CustomerOnline now
I have symptoms of a high-pitched sound when I move my jaw up and down while eating, yawning and even when I turn my head sideways to the affected side as well as grinding the teeth. I also have fullness/pressure in the ear when the jaw is motionless. I went to see the doctor a couple of days ago ... view fullCustomerDoctor
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
CustomerDoctor
Can you let me know what we have discussed previously please?
We discussed previously that it could be due to the blocked Eustachian tube but I saw the doctor a couple of days ago who was sure that it was due to the temporomandibular joint dysfunction.CustomerDoctor
Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. Since how long have you had these symptoms?
2. Is there any dizziness so severe that you need to hold on to something when you feel dizzy?
3. Do positional changes (like turning head/ turning around/ standing from sitting) induce dizziness?
4. Are you experiencing any - dull pain on just 1 side of the face, near the ear or pain affecting the ear, jaw, or back of the neck/ is the pain constant or intermittent / is it aggravated by jaw movement/ is there any clicking or popping sound or have a "crunchy feeling" in the joint when opening and closing the mouth.
5. Are these headaches associated with nausea and vomiting and if there is vomiting does the headache get better?
6. During the headache are you in an irritable mood?
7. Does sleep make the headache better?
8. Do flashes of light like you experience while driving at night because of oncoming vehicle lights or seeing TV in a dark room or stress, precipitate headache?
9. Is the headache always one sided or does it alternate?
10. Off late have you observed any weakness of any body part?
11. Are you currently on any medication?
12. Is there any personal or family history of migraine?
13. Is there any personal or family history of seizure disorder please?
14.Does this head ache last only for few seconds with very high intensity or is it a dull nagging head ache going on for hours together?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
1. I have had these symptoms for almost 6 months.
2. There is no dizziness.
3. There is no dizziness.
4. No dull pain but there is a clicking sound on the joint when opening the mouth though.
5. There are no headaches or vomiting.
6. There are no headaches.
7. There are no headaches.
8. There are no headaches.
9. There are no headaches.
10. No weakness.
11. No medication.
12. None.
13. None.
14. There are no headaches.CustomerDoctor
Thank you for the information.Yes, I do agree that it could be a TMJ especially when you are having a clicking sensation while moving the jaw.I am sorry to ask do much about headache as it's a common associated phenomenon leading onto migraine.If you want I would be glad to explain you more about TMJ so that you can be well informed before your next consultation please.Feel free to get back if there are any other queries in this regards.By the way is there any personal or family history of tinnitus or vertigo.Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
I don't mind at all asking so many questions.
There is no personal or family history of tinnitus or vertigo. I would like to know more about TMJ. I hear a click on the left side of my jaw joint, together with a high-pitched sound each time I open my mouth. I also feel fullness or pressure when the jaw is motionless. I have had these symptoms for almost 6 months. Does it not disappear without any treatment? Many thanks.CustomerDoctor
Temporomandibular joint disorders are problems with the jaw joint and the muscles around it. The jaw joint, called the "temporomandibular joint," is located in front of the ear where the jawbone connects to your head. To feel the joint, place your finger on your cheek just in front of your ear and then open and close your mouth.TMJ disorders can be caused by many problems, including arthritis. Sometimes TMJ is due to a combination of stress, jaw clenching, teeth grinding, and other things that strain the jaw joint and the muscles around it. Some people with TMJ also have anxiety, depression, or an increased awareness of pain.The main symptom of TMJ is a dull pain on just 1 side of the face, near the ear.
Thank you for the clarification.I am glad that a specific anatomical problem has been identified as the cause for your symptoms.Usually in such scenario once the anatomical problem is corrected the symptoms do disappear eventually.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am not wearing a night guard yet but shouldn't I have seen some improvement immediately or does it take some time then? Thanks.
I am sorry to say that it can take 3 to 6 weeks too.
Please put on the night guard, which will definitely prevent the good results from getting delayed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Many thanks for your assistance.
May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Thank you for the bonus.

Get well soon.