Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I often have blurred vision and don’t feel quite right - I

Hi, I often have blurred vision and don’t feel quite right - I was wondering if this could be due to a childhood injury which was expected to leave me unable to walk or talk
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: For about a year now. And yes, along with the blurred vision I have had headaches
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Good evening, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

How often do you get blurred vision? What injury did you have as a child? How old are you now?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It’s most days I would say, it’s become so regular that it’s easily dealt with usually
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I had a fireplace fall on me, I had a concussion and my mum was told I wouldn’t walk or talk again - however I have no health problems or difficulties obviously caused by that
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That occurred when I was 2/3 and I’m now 20

Okay thanks, ***** ***** you had your vision assessed recently by an Optometrist (Optician)?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have, they said there was no issue with my eyes and I have great vision

But you said you have blurred vision often

Sorry, I misread your response, the optician said it was fine?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I do, but all the tests came back as me having good vision

Do you get any associated headaches?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
they said I should see a doctor as there may be another cause

I think the injury as a child is unrelated. But I think it would be worth considering an MRI head given the symptoms you have

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I also had issues with flashing lights causing a loss of consciousness and thought that also may be related

So I think it would be very reasonable to ask to be referred to a neurologist. They would perform an MRI head for you and differentiate between a neurological or ophthalmological problem. However they also say your symptoms are benign but may be able to help improve them for you

If I was you I would discuss this with your GP and ask to be referred on to look into it

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay, thank you very much for the advice