Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Second opinion] today I went into a petrol station to pay

second opinion] Hi today I went into a petrol station to pay for petrol and a man come in to pay for his he went to pay at the till next to me he was only about a metre next to me I’m worried about if I could possibly catch anything

Good evening, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

If the man did not cough, then the risk of becoming infected if he was is low. The likelihood of someone going out when they have a new cough or fever is low, therefore someone standing within a metre of you is unlikely to pose any risk

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you yes he didn’t cough or anything like that I went inside because no one was in there I only like to go inside places when there is no one inside but he come in from behind me and talked to the cashier

I am certain you are not at risk, so please do not worry. But do continue being sensible as you are

Please could you kindly rate my response, this is the only way I am credited for answering questions on Just Answer and is very much appreciated, thank you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you so for your help doctor I really appreciate it thank you