Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I had a vitamin D and calcium deficiency in January, it was

Hi I had a vitamin D and calcium deficiency in January, it was so low that the GP put me on a very high weekly dose of Vitamin D for 6 weeks. I had been going out every day and I don't think it can have been a sunlight deficiency. I took the 6 week vitamin D high dose as prescribed, During this, the lockdown happened and I have not been back to have my levels re-tested. If the levels have not returned to normal: 1. Could this put me at higher risk of complications from Covid 2. What underlying illness could it be caused by , if any?

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

What is your current vitamin D 3 levels?

Do you have any symptoms?

Any other medical history?

Are you tested positive for COVID 19?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am 43, female. I have not had my vitamin D or calcium levels tested since before I took the 6 week prescribed vitamin D from the GP. The GP said they were very low. I have no symptoms now, although before January I had retinal migraines, and very tired, and achy. I do not think I have had cover or been exposed to it.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
sorry typo on that previous message- it should read "I do not think I have had Covid19." (not 'cover')

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, in most of the cases, vitamin D 3 levels rise to optimal levels within 6 weeks.

And as you already took them properly so you needn't worry about it.

Repeat testing after a month can be considered.

You just take sun exposure in the morning for 10-30 minutes daily.

And eat a nutritious diet.

Take Over the counter vitamin D 3 and calcium supplement which contains low dose of vitamin D3 which can be taken daily.

It wouldn't impose a high risk of complications.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.