Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I pulled my big toenail off at a 90 degree angle. Emergency

I pulled my big toenail off at a 90 degree angle. Emergency nurses pushed it back down and steri stripped and said it will fall off by itself. I'm just worried ar what it looks like now its constantly throbbing and leaking a little
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes no medications
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No medi action, no allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (11V4LVT)

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

When did all this happened?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
2 days ago was the I itsl trauma yesterday it started to look like that

Are you taking any medicine for that?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Nurses strapped it with steri strips and gave me dressings to use ar home. I have been changing twice daily

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The leakage of fluid is not concerning. This is expected and there is no need to be stressed. This doesn't indicate an infection. you should use over the counter available tablet Aleve 500 mg twice daily for 5 days and things will start improving soon. You can clean the fluid with just any over the counter available antiseptic solution. I reassure you that this leakage is expected and not serious. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks so much that is appreciated.

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. You can click the stars on this page to rate the answer or you may have to press the Accept button. If you find any inconvenience, please let me know. If you are on a mobile, use a browser. Regards

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry I forgot to ask am I able to get it wet like in the bath or shower as I have been trying not to with great difficulty thanks

Yes you should take a bath but after that dry the area and change the dressing.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou no more hanging my leg over the side much appreciated. This is such a great service I appreciate your time thank you so much

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards