Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a pain at the top of my rib cage which goes through

i have a pain at the top of my rib cage which goes through to my back i attended the nurse at my health centre 6 days ago she said that my stats were fine i am still not feeling any better
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the pain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: over a week and have been taking paracetamol
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used anything besides paracetamol for this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: i attend hospital once a year as i produce too much iron cant remember medical name for it

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Which side of the rib cage is involved? Right or left and where exactly? Upper or lower?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
upper in the middle

Right or left side?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no thanks

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The pain that you have is most likely muscular and there can be associated with nerve compression. The pain going towards the back indicates a nerve compression. I would suggest that you should try over the counter available tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily for 5 days, massage the area with Bengay gel twice daily for 7 days, and apply heating pads to the area twice daily for 2 weeks. If symptoms persist see your doctor as you may need physical therapy but I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thanks

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards