Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

After a shower a week ago, right ear got blocked and is

After a shower a week ago, right ear got blocked and is deaf. Olive oil and otex ear drops have not worked so far to unblock ear. Please advise what action should be taken now, thanks.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

The ideal is to seek an appointment with an ENT specialist who would prescribe you;

1) Antibiotics

2) Steroid drops and

3) Ear wax drops.

Meanwhile, you may do the following;

1) Over the counter ear wax drops.

2) Decongestant.

3) Vitamin C 500 mg twice a day.

All of these are without the prescription.

4) Valsalva maneuver; (positive pressure against a closed nasal airway) usually equilibrates pressure in the middle ear to the outside and can be helpful if done 5-7 times in a day.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for the advice.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m more than satisfied with your advice. Many thanks

Thanks for your kind words.