Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I haven’t had periods in 2 months and I’m not sexually

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I haven’t had periods in 2 months and I’m not sexually actively as I am celibate I’ve only had sex once my whole life. I have taken a pregnancy test just in case but obviously it’s negative cause I haven’t done anything
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: they come every month but they don’t come on time they’re usually late but it’s almost 3 months now so I’m concerned no I don’t have any pains
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I know of, I’ve always been healto

What is your age?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
22 turning 23
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have to pay £34? If you call?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay thank you

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

The laboratory testing done for absence of period (termed as secondary amenorrhea) should include measurements of serum prolactin, thyrotropin, and FSH to test for hyperprolactinemia, thyroid disease, and ovarian failure. Apart from pregnancy other causes of missed or delayed periods are;

1) Ovarian hormone dysfunctions

2) Thyroid hormone abnormalities

3) Stress, anxiety, emotional disorders

4) Sudden weight loss or gain

5) Excessive physical activity

6) Hyperprolactinemia

Read the resource under the heading secondary amenorrhea (delayed or missed periods);

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/amenorrhea/symptoms-causes/syc-20369299

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001219.htm

The screening tests for the patient with amenorrhea include urinary HCG, complete blood count, sedimentation rate, thyroid function, prolactin, FSH and LH, and assessment of estrogen status.

Causes of amenorrhea/delayed period are pregnancy, drugs, and systemic diseases, hypothalamic and pituitary amenorrhea, "postpill" amenorrhea; hyperprolactinemia, androgen resistance, etc.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
basically what this means is I don’t have answers until I get tested?
I’ve had stress cause if uni exams and assignments but I’ve been doing for 3 years so I’m sure that’s not the problem or maybe it it but I’m not aware? And yes I’ve gained weight. I’ve been 65kg for 4 years and all of a sudden it keeps raising

The cause can be only determined by blood work.

But usually the period will resume on its own as it is a self remitting issue.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay thank you. I’ll just wait then
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
stay safe

You are very welcome.

There is no worry, it is a self remitting issue.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,