Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have a terrible pain at the left shoulder and also due

Hi, I have a terrible pain at the left shoulder and also due that pain I feel heart pain too. I know that indomethacin suppositories are good but I don’t have any prescription for it and I don’t know what else I can take. Would you be able to help me out?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I don’t take medicines. I don’t have any allergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: That I suffer of high blood pressure

What are your age and gender?

Since when do you have pain in the left shoulder?

Are your shoulder movements painful and restricted?

What are the investigations and treatments done?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am male and I an 58 years old.
I wake up 3/4 days ago everything was good until I dressed up and I got this pain on my shoulder. I can’t lay in bed, I just sit down, I can’t lay in non of the position because of the pain .
I didn’t do any investigation or treatments. My wife made me a massage with menthol cream that is been said that is good for pain.

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your pain can be due to;

1) Bicipital tendinitis

2) Frozen shoulder

3) Biceps rupture

4) Rotator cuff disease.

The majority of people with the above problems will respond to physiotherapy alone. The program should be daily and assisted by the physiotherapist. The regimen consists of active and active-assistive range-of-motion exercises combined with stretching. Pain may occur early but within six to eight weeks progress is usually made. Other treatment modalities such as heat and massage may help. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics may also be beneficial (Ibuprofen and paracetamol). Deep electrotherapy in the form of short wave diathermy, Interferential current, transcutaneous electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, phonophoresis also are very helpful initially.

Heating pad and local analgesic spray and Lidocaine cream for pain relief can be applied.

Following investigations would be required;

1) X-ray of the neck spine

2) MRI of the neck and shoulder

3) Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) study

4) Electromyography (EMG)

You can consult the following specialists;

a) Orthopedist

b) Specialist in Physical medicine and rehabilitation.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.