There are no best medications as different people will have different responses but you were taking the right medication. You may continue with them with the following measures;
1) antacids; Maalox/Tums
2) acid blocker; Omeprazole
3) losing weight, if overweight.
4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato-based products
5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.
6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.
7) elevate the head end of the bed by 8 inches.
Following also would be helpful;
Nutrition and supplements;
1) Multivitamins; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
2) Probiotic supplement
3) Omega 3 fatty acid
4) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
5) Also, avoid; white bread, pasta, and especially sugar, red meats,
6) Eat lean meats, cold-water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil.
You may consider fundoplication surgery if your symptoms do not improve.
Was this information helpful to you?
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.