Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Have had a red rash in my stomach that lasts for about 20

Hi have had a red rash in my stomach that lasts for about 20 mins then totally disappears. I have had it 4 times in 3 weeks. I haven’t changed diet or use creams etc. It is not itchy, sore or raised, just small red flat spots.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: Nothing’s changed it, it just goes pretty quickly on it’s own. It’s not itchy, just a flat rash
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no. I don’t take any medication
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (4QGM3ZG)

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot and hope I can help

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

The fact that it is asymptomatic is reassuring but does make it harder to diagnose. The appearance of that rash is similar to a Polymorphic light eruption. But with no symptoms this is unlikely. Have you treated this with anything so far?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No treatment necessary as it’s not sore or itchy and goes on it’s own pretty quickly. It just appears very randomly every now and then. Just curious!!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have been in the sun but not that part of my body!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Stress or heat rash?

Thanks, ***** ***** rash doesn't have to be from direct sun exposure, so a rash can appear in less sun exposed areas. However I would agree it seems unlikely

Stress possibly, heat rash again would likely to give symptoms

I would propose you use Hydrocortisone 0.5% topical cream which you can buy over the counter, this would help treat any inflammation and hopefully prevent the recurrence

I would use this twice daily for up to 2 weeks, but if it persists then I would ask your GP

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks. You don’t think it’s anything worrying?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am quite health anxious and don’t like anything different!

Not the way you have described or how it appears - there are no sinister features

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

No problem - so a concerning cause would not have crossed my mind, it is more of a problematic symptoms of such, but no I would not be worried

Please could you kindly rate my response, this allows me to be credited for answering questions, thank you