Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/MS
17287913

Had a feeling of being swollen in the pubic area and pain

Had a feeling of being swollen in the pubic area and pain down the groin following my hip. Feeling on tenderness when. Have also had some pain in my legs and sensation of pins and needlesI press against the area; I’ve been for a bladder ultrasound and came back all clear. Should I be looking for further tests?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I shall be consulting you today.

Have you had an MRI scan?

Pain in the groin region radiating along the hips with a feeling of pins and needles could be due to impingement of nerves originating from the back bone.

The most useful diagnostic test for this is an MRI scan of the spine.

Let me know if you have any queries

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No not had any MRI tests done. Had blood tests done and ALT levels slightly high and further blood work being done

I would recommend an MRI scan as this is only way to evaluate this pain further.

Slightly raised ALT does not have any significance

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What can be done to elevate the discomfort?

Have you tried any pain killers?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I hate taken ibuprofen put little impact. The pain is more discomfort that anything

For this pain the most effective pain relief is from pregabalin or gabapentin as these work the best for nerve pain.

You can also try paracetamol with codeine but these might not be very effective

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

You're welcome.

Please do rate this consultation positively by clicking on the stars on top left corner of this thread.

Best wishes