How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliot Ruff Your Own Question
Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 625
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Elliot Ruff is online now

I have ear infection, Almost 2 weeks. No I haven't cold or

This answer was rated:

Hi I have ear infection
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: Almost 2 weeks. No I haven't cold or flu. Just pain in my ear.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Good evening, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

Have you contacted your doctor regarding this already and had any treatment at all?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, I haven't.
Today I was in one medical center, because I was thinking my ear is blocked by ear wax. And I went for microsuction. But after they checked me , the conclusion was I have an infection.

Did they not give you any antibiotics?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, the woman said, she is not a doctor

I see. Do you feel this can wait until Tuesday if you have had it for 2 weeks? Or do you feel this needs to be dealt with tonight or this weekend?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don't know, it depends of the pain
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I prefer to solve is ASAP

Okay thanks, ***** ***** I am happy to look for a centre nearby that should be able to assess and prescribe if needed.

Could you kindly rate my response and advise me of your nearest town, I will then search which centres you have available to you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My post code is NW10 4SL

Thank you, ***** ***** you kindly rate my response and I find the details for you

Elliot Ruff and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

There is an urgent care centre at St Mary's, Charing Cross and Royal Free hospitals which are walk in services for this sort of issue, rather than the Accident and Emergency Department

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Should I go there ? You can't help me ?

This is an advice and guidance service. The prescribed will need to examine your ear first, these centres will either be able to give you the treatment or prescribe it for you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok, thanks