Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I have had tinitus for some time but it's not really

i have had tinitus for some time but it's not really bothered me until recently. It's louder and my right ear feels blocked. its making me feel sad! i tried using ear drops but its still ringing, and i have to wiggle it for it to feel unblocked but it last only a few moments. If i lay on the right side, it blocks up more. what can i do?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, have you used drops or anything similar before?
Customer: once before
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: i am not sure

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

Do you know if you have had tinnitus for weeks, months or years? and do you hear it in both ears?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ii have had it for years, but its progressively got worse and harder to ignore. I am a nursery teacher and a musician
its in both ears, but more in the right.

Thank you. Bilateral tinnitus is reassuring compared to unilateral, however it is common one side would be worse. If one side is becoming worse than the other this suggests the hearing on that side, for whatever reason, has reduced

This could be from something as simple as a wax build up reducing the air conduction, a simple examination would exclude this. However in the event this is clear, you will need an updated hearing test to assess your hearing

Routine audiology services have been on hold, but I have been informed these services are likely to resume from Mid-June

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
you think its worth me getting a hearing test?

Yes, very much so

But you need someone to look first, as wax can be removed, if the symptoms then return back to normal, a hearing test then wouldn't necessarily be needed

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I hope its just wax

Thats my pleasure, I hope it helps

Please could you kindly rate me for my answer, this allows me to be credited for my answer

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it does, at least i know i can do something!