Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Do girls with BPD that are self aware suffer much from

Do girls with BPD that are self aware suffer much from object constancy (out of sight/mind) ?
My friend/colleague can be pretty forgetful, i've known her for a year and shes always kept in touch (text) and been a bit clingy but now after 3 weeks working elsewhere she hardly texts back, my messages are left unread for ages. Last week she said she was feeling no emotions, numb and a couple days later saying promise shes not ignoring me just exhausted and doesn't have mental energy to message anyone.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

BPD is a personality disorder, implying their personality is not what we would expect as normal. However any one is capable of not wanting as much social interaction at some point, this is dependant on our mood and how we feel

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I understand, but she isn't usually like this with me, last few days its hit or miss whether she replies to anything i text (usually a reply itself). Only said in person a few weeks ago (prob her fear of abandonment) hopes i will not stop talking/texting her, she doesn't seem bothered about me on the face of it now. Seem to be getting ignored or ghosted

I am sorry to hear. I think sometimes if this is the case, it may be wise to give them space and avoid contacting them, let them come to you

Unfortunately this is a behaviour and is not a medical problem.

I am not sure I will be able to help you with much more, other than discuss what BPD is. Is there anything else you would like to ask?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Its odd, because i'm letting this get to me, more i think about it it seems like i'm being tested, to maybe keep texting (to show i really care?), or deliberate to get a reaction from me or stop completely...this is not fair

I appreciate it is certainly not nice to try and be caring and offer friendship at the same time as it feeling like it is not being respected. It would be normal to feel this way. But unfortunately some things are out of your control, and becoming more persistent can then have a detrimental effect on the person that you are trying to help - this is tough

Please could you kindly rate my response to you so far, this allows me to be credited for my answer, but will allow me to continue this thread at no additional charge