Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Can you get HIV through skin to skin touching even if the

Can you get HIV through skin to skin touching even if the penis has touched the vagina hole without penetration? Please let me know

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I understand your concern.

I am glad to tell you that - No, you cannot get HIV like that.

The chances of HIV transmission in the scenario you have described is absolutely zero.

You can be rest assured about this.

"If you need more help, please reply to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, your 5-star rating (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort) at this time is greatly appreciated".

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I got chlamydia through this but I need to take a HIV test. So you’re telling me it’s very unlikely?

Yes - chlamydia is different - it is easy to acquire - but HIV is not.

To give you peace of mind - I will let you know certain facts.

Most people believe that if you have unprotected intercourse with an HIV positive person, you will get HIV 100% of the time which is NOT true.

The figures and chances that I have mentioned have been devised after years of studies and research and these are the chances that the CDC mentions as well.

Secondly, even if you had intercourse twice, the risk would still be low, at most around 0.1%. So there would be 99.9% chance that you didn't get the virus.

Given this - the chances of you getting HIV is zero please.

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you so much. This all happened last year and a few months later I got pityriasis rosea, does that mean I could have any other infection?

I can assure you it is not HIV related.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.