Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I have noticed a lot of hair loss all over my house when I

I have noticed a lot of hair loss all over my house when I wash my hair and brush it. Now I have a round bald patch at the top of my scalp
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I haven't not yet I take metrazapine antidepressant and uniphillon and corbocisteine for copd
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I lost all my hair about 30years ago A nerve at the top of my head stopped working I am now 64 years old
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: About 4 weeks. I have bad headaches and so go out in the garden for fresh air also not sleeping very well.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

Thank you for your message

Hairloss can be stress induced but this would often cause a generalised thinning. If you have hair loss from a concise patch this suggests there is a problem with the skin, the most common cause to this would be a fungal infection

I would suggest you contact your GP to arrange blood tests to check you thyroid levels, but also to ask for a antifungal shampoo and cream to try for a few weeks to see if the hair returns.

If this does not help then I would ask that a dermatologist has a look

Does that help answer your question?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thankyou

Excellent, Please could I ask that you kindly rate my response to your question, this is the only way that I am rewarded for answering questions, thank you