Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I have been suffering with small fissures right at the

I have been suffering with small fissures right at the bottom of my vagina? I have not been having sex and I am unsure whether this could be thrush? I had an sti test about 2 months ago which was all clear? I dont know what else it could be?
JA: The Obstetrician-Gynaecologist can help. To begin, how old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: I am 38 and the symptom is just the small almost paper cuts which are uncomfortable?
JA: The doctor will be able to answer that. OK, more personal questions coming up I'm afraid - when was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: My last smear test was last year? And was all clear.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Obstetrician-Gynaecologist should know?
Customer: I dont think so? I have been in a female relationship for 13 years and this year have been in a male relationship - but this has not been an issue until about 1-2 weeks ago? Obviously with lockdown I have not had any sexual relationship in 8 weeks.

Hello and welcome.

Do you have vaginal itching? Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No? Not really? Maybe last week slightly?

Those tiny fissures are a medical enigma. Sometimes they are caused by yeast infection, so getting treated for yeast is probably worthwhile. They can be caused by intercourse, but that does not seem to be true for you.

Sometimes we cannot find a cause. Then the best you can do is to be very gentle with the skin in that area. Wash with warm water once or twice daily. Avoid perfumed soap there. Be sure the area is dry before getting dressed. Wear cotton underwear and loose clothing in the area.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I will do this.

You're very welcome.

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.

Thank you for your payment and rating.

And thank you for the bonus!