Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

My son17 has had 6 grand mal seizures in the last 12

Hello my son17 has had 6 grand mal seizures in the last 12 weeks... he is on Medication after an emergency appointment . He had a seizure on Thursday and was taken to A and E due to a irregular heart rhythm. This corrected itself . He is very hyperactive and feels he has loads of energy is this something to be concerned about?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: We saw a neurologist who says shes almost certainly juvenile epilepsy.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: He is taking keppra 500mg. He was taking 250 mg for 1 week when he had the seizure on Thursday so his dose was doubled

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly

It should be fine . Get a TSH evel done to rule out hyperactive thyroid . He is on appropriate medications otherwise , should help prevent further attacks if he remains compliant .

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied . You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page . Best regards, ***** *****

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I know he had blood done they were fine. Not sure if they would of checked that? This is new to is as a family and I am without any point of contact for advice.
So you think it's ok then?

Yes thats fine . They dont check TSH on routine bloods though