neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

I have a questiion on hiv test. I got a negative result of

Hi, I have a questiion on hiv test. I got a negative result of hiv 4th generation test, my question is should I have an RNA test to be comfirm ?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had HIV? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: I don't have it
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about HIV?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello -

There is no reason to get a RNA test to confirm (unless you really want to).

The RNA testing is more helpful if you have had a very recent exposure (the past 3 weeks).

But if your exposure was more than 3 weeks ago -- the 4th generation test is going to be very accurate.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
that negative result was at 90days after the risky
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I read an article online, talking about how people could get a negative result on antibody and p24test, but with positive on RNA
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is this a possibility that could happen?

The positive on RNA, and negative on the antibody is within that "window" period -- often 5-21 days after exposure.

But you're way beyond that, and at 90 days, you're essentially 99.9+% accurate with the result.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The thing that the article talks about is someone beyond the window period time who have the RNA positive but antibody negative, and that is the reason get me worried about whether there could be a possibility to detect RNA at 90 days?
Would someone use an RNA test at 3months for a conclusion?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
sorry for the long text and keep questioning about it, but it really got me worried.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
maybe more clearly question would be, can someone got a negative on 4th hiv test at 90days, be detected RNA positive?

If the 4th generation is negative -- the RNA is going to be negative.