Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I'm suffering from pain in the left calf of my leg. No

I'm suffering from pain in the left calf of my leg.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: No redness. No swelling .But very painful when I stand up and walk.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing.

Good evening, I am Dr Elliot and I hope I can help

How long has your calf been painful? Have you injured your calf recently?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No injury. Went to bed thursday night awoke friday morning 07.30 with the pain in calf.

And it appears the same size as the right calf? Is the pain local in a particular area or does the entire calf feel painful?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The leg is painful from the back of knee joint through calf.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no swelling.

Okay thanks. The problem with any calf pain and tenderness, especially with no underlying cause is that excluding a DVT is difficult

I would suggest you should go and get an urgent assessment. If you have an urgent treatment centre nearby they may have point of care tests which can check something called a D-dimer level. If this is negative, then you do not have a DVT. But I think it would be wise to get that reassurance

You do not have leg swelling, but if there was no injury and no other obvious cause, I would be unable to give you reassurance

Would you be able to attend to have a review - I can look for your local services if you like?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I could attend a local service tomorrow.

Okay, my advice would be to attend as soon as possible, but I appreciate you have already had this for 2 days

Would you like me to look up your local services or are you aware of where you can go?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Would A&E Pembury be suitable .

That would be perfect

Please could I ask that you kindly rate my answer, this is the only way that I am credited for answering questions. You can do this by using the stars at the top of the page, many thanks, ***** ***** hope all is well

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok. Many thanks