DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My mom has been vomiting once every day for the last 10

Hello, my mom has been vomiting once every day for the last 10 days. She is not having any headache, or any pain in her body. We got the blood, Liver test report and couple of other tests and it is all coming out as normal. Her glucose levels were slightly higher- probably due to the reason she is just having glucose. She has breast cancer and she did all the chemotherapy and now taking preventive measures. Apart from vomiting sensation and loss of apetite all her blood reports and everything is looking normal. What can be the cause of this where she is always having vomiting sensation ? There is no fever or any pain in the body .
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long has your mother had the pain? Has she used any medication for it?
Customer: There is no pain. Only vomiting and vomiting sensation for the last 10 days
JA: Thanks for that. Has she seen a doctor about vomiting?
Customer: Yeah .They say after seeing the report that she is having some stress. Some even suggested that there is a mild signs of spondylitis but apart from that they are not sure what is triggering this vomiting sensation
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in her medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing I can think of . I can share the blood report etc

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please share the reports here

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Here are the reports taken today

Nice to talk to you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry, there are a couple of medicine. Rabemac - once a day, Stemetil recommended by the doctors for spondylitis for 10 days. Every day for 3 times. She used to feel better only when she is used to take this medicine. Once she stops taking this medicine, previous symptoms come back. Sometimes she used to eat Calcium or Vitamin D3 tablets from time to time. Also, she is having altroxin-100 every day for thyroid every morning. She is having electrol every day for hydration at the moment.

Thanks for the details

I think you should continue with Stemetil

All her investigations are normal

She likely have a stress induced vomiting or a mild gastritis

Hopefully this will get better in a week or so

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Should she not take Rabemac?

She should continue that as well

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
how many doses and how many times a day?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
is there anything to do with her cancer?

Stemetil just once as she has vomiting only before meal so she can take it before lunch

I would suggest to do an ultrasound if it does not improve in a couple of weeks to look for liver metastasis although the liver functions seems fine

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
one more thing there is slight swelling on the left side of the place under the rib cage.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is that something that might be of concern
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
just below where the rib cage ends on the left hand side

It can be due to stomach distension

Hopefully this will also get better once the symptoms will settle

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thanks. I will keep you posted

You are welcome