Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

The first day of my last period was the 15th of April,I did

The first day of my last period was the 15th of April,I did a home pregnancy test which was negative ,3 times today I had some bleeding,pinkish and darkish brown in colour
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No and yes I do have regular periods
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am fine and healthy and I have a 5 year old son

Good evening, I am Dr Elliot and hope that I can help

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thankyou

So if for example you were to have fallen pregnant at the end of April, an early pregnancy would likely not show up on a urinary pregnancy test. So I would continue doing a weekly blood test until your next normal period

Regarding the current bleeding, you are a week late? This can be very normal and can happen for a number of reasons. Are you normally regular with your periods?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was expecting my next period on the 12th of May which is overdue now
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am

Okay, so the dark brown blood suggests old blood. This could be due to a mild bleed when your period was due and now shedding and causing a delayed physical period. If your periods are normally regular then this is likely to continue as normal from next month. If however it does not you need to continue weekly pregnancy test and discuss with your GP regarding an ultrasound pelvic scan. However, this is not suggestive of anything sinister

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thankyou doctor

That is my pleasure, hope that was of help to you

Please could I ask you kindly rate my response, this is the only way that I can be credited for providing an answer, thank you