Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Pain in hands and forearm, loss of grip

pain in hands and forearm, loss of grip

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

How old are you? For how long you have this problem? Have you tried anything for this?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am 25 for over a year

Any numbness or tingling? Have you got an evaluation so far?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I get numbness sometimes but not a lot, no not yet

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you but please ignore the call request if you don't want it. If you don't accept and attend it, you will not be charged and if you get charged, you will get an automatic refund. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
if I do any heavy lifting I get severe pain and have to keep my arms covered

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is nerve compression. we call this carpal tunnel syndrome. The compression of the nerve causes a loss of grip. You should start with over the counter available tablet Advil 400 mg thrice daily for 7 days and massage the area with Bengay gel twice daily for 2 weeks. Hopefully, you will feel better but later you should see your doctor. You will need physical therapy and nerve conduction studies to get to the cause. If the medicines don't work, a small surgery can be required but I reassure you that this is treatable and you are going to be alright after the treatment. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards