Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I suffer from panic attacks and Anxiety can you help me, I

Customer Question

I suffer from panic attacks and Anxiety can you help me
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I get the about 3 times a week I have been hospital 8 times this year and they can’t find anything up with me it’s awful when it happens
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no they said am in good health I go gym every day go running every night this dose help the Doctor as Put me on propanolol and mirtazapine and they just make me feel worse
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience. ​

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and sex?

How long have you been on the propranolol and mirtazapine?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You may get a message asking for a phone call, that is not sent by me but generated automatically by the website, you can ignore it if you choose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

***********485 male 47 year old I was sexually abused when I was a child I think this is what’s caused it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why have you took more money out of my bank account you said it was 5 pounds Trial
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know how much this is going to cost me altogether
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, we do not have anything to do with the payment and can only provide advice. Asking for additional services such as a phone call is charged for. Messaging should not be any more expensive as far as I am aware.

Please email the help desk if you have any concern about this.

Would you still like advice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Of course, I will certainly try, I am Dr Ruff

How long have you been taking propranolol and mirtazepine? Have you also had any form of psychological intervention for this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heelloy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Hi, please see the questions I had just asked

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been taking propanolol For six months and mirtazapine for eight months and they’re not doing nothing for me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also take this Bisprone to for panic attacks
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

So the best option for anxiety if propranolol doesn't help would be an SSRI (Citalorpam, Escitalopram, Fluxoetine, Sertraline, Proxetine). These have good evidence, doesn't really matter which one.

However they should be used alongside pyschological therapies such as CBT.

If these do not help, then Pregabalin is licensed for the use in generalised anxiety disorder and therefore this may be appropriate for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tryed all them from my doctor over the years I Been in hospital six times this year with panic attacks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not tried pre-Gabalin
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

That would be worth trying then, especially if you have already used SSRIs with little or no benefit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My doctor put me on diazepam but only for a month because they said they was too addictive but Ste was the only thing that ever worked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Said I meant to say
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Pregablin works well in Generalised Anxiety Disorder so definitely worth discussing this with your own doctor and ask if they would prescribe it for you. I would however suggest your come off your mirazepine after though.

Diazepam is indeed highly addictive, the more you use it, the less effective it becomes - going down this route helps initially but is likely to make life much harder for you in the long term

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you not prescribe me pre-Gabalin
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

This type of medication has to come from your registered GP as it is also a medication of misuse. No out of hours provider would be able to do this for you sorry

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

You would not be able to get this tonight, so I would speak with your GP in the morning

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m not bothered about getting it tonight I’m just asking can you prescribe it to me
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

No I cannot sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you was a doctor
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

I am a doctor, you thought correct. Please refer to my prior comment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I not get a prescription off you
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Okay, if you kindly review my suggestions re your management of anxiety by clicking on the stars, I will assist you in getting a prescription.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wrong about this website I thought you were GPs you could prescribe and help me but obviously you can’t
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the point of talking to you if I have to talk to my own GP does not make sense
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

I have given you advice and a suggestion of a management plan which you, nor your GP has provided for you. I have better things to do than have my time wasted. Please read the details of the website before using it. I wish you, and your GP, good luck with dealing with this

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

The medication I have suggested is a control drug, which cannot be issued over the internet like this. Your GP will be able to help you with this. If want to resolve this privately, I can assist you with this.

Otherwise call your GP to discuss. Best of luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you email my doctor and recommend what I should be on please the surgery is Lymewood Grove Haydock St Helens my date of birth is 7/7/1971
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I could find your reference number. I can assist with this if you like, I do require you to accept/rate my response to you first please, let me know once you have done this and I can assist you in contacting your doctor.

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I can email if this is still of some help?

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I hope you were able to get assistance from your doctor. If not, please let me know if you need support with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have contacted my doctor and he as put me on diazepam 5 mg 3 times a day I seem to not suffering from panic attacks I don’t know what you think about this but my doctor said he as tryout everything and nothing seems to work I get a few side affects feel a bit drowsy at times but Anxiety definitely feels better
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is trying me out for 4 weeks on them he said Do you think this is appropriate
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for getting back in touch. Diazepam is certainly going to make you feel more relaxed. I am pleased to hear they have been engaging.

It is a good dose, if sedating, your could drop it to twice a day and see if the symptoms are just as controlled at that dose?

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

My only concern is that Diazepam is short acting and will stop being useful as soon as you stop them. Did you ask them about pregabalin?

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Pregabalin: Generalised anxiety disorder

By mouth

• For Adult

Initially 150 mg daily in 2–3 divided doses, then increased in steps of 150 mg daily if required, dose to be increased at 7 day intervals, increased if necessary up to 600 mg daily in 2–3 divided doses.

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

This is one of its licensed uses. Diazepam can cause a tolerance, which means the same dose will become less effective after weeks, but Pregabalin does not do that, therefore it is far better is a long term medication, more so given you have tried many options already

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid for the phone call but you never rang me it came out my bank right away I can send you the bank statement I paid a 5 pounds and then a 34 pounds payment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please send send a email to my doctor ind recommend what you would think would be the best thing for me please doctor
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I didn't receive a phone call request sorry, therefore you should have never been charged £34. I do not have anything to do with billing, I only get to receive your questions. If you see the FAQ page, there will be a link for you to contact customer services. I can request this for you but would need to complete this question first for it to allow me to do that.

If you can accept my answer/provide a rating, along with your email address or your doctors contact details, I can then provide an email suggesting the above and also request customer services check the details for a refund.