Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

The pain is above the belly button, he had constipation late

Customer Question

The pain is above the belly button, he had constipation late January and after the GP gave him a laxative he began vomiting and not feeling well for few days and after that went away by drinking water. He does not have constipation now but although he has bowl movement few times a day, he feels like the bowl is not empty
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.
Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. How long has he had this symptom for?
2. Is there any alternating diarrhea and constipation please?
3. Is he experiencing any weight loss or loss of appetite?
4. Is he currently under any type of physical or psychological stress?
5. Is there any family history of irritable bowel syndrome?
6. Is he running any intermittent of recurrent fever?
7. When was his thyroid status last checked and if so how was it?l
8. Is there any family history of inflammatory bowel disease?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani