Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I'm experiencing Cystitis symptoms but I've never have it

Customer Question

Good morning! I'm experiencing Cystitis symptoms but I've never have it before. So should I visit my GP?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I haven't and I'm not having any medications either
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a morning after pill on Monday but not sure If it could cause Cystitis
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. What symptoms exactly are you having? Cystitis or urinary tract infection- symptoms are blood in the urine, urinary frequency, and pain or burning with urination. You do not need to see your gp in person during covid19 for this. He or she can call in a prescription for antibiotics for you. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have urinary frequency and pain but not only with urination. The pain remains after using the toilet. Also I feel tired and sick and yesterday night my temperature rised a bit 37,8
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you are cramping due to the morning after pill and that its not cystitis If you start bleeding soon, you will know thats what it is from.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks! How long the symptoms could last?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
As long as a week, but generally only a few days. You may want to call your gp for a prescription to have on hand just in case
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating so please consider a rating. Thanks