Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I am a 68 year old man with a boyhood scar located at the

I am a 68 year old man with a boyhood scar located at the back of my left leg at mid calf. I recently managed to cut the scar, but inadvertantly hooked off the resultant scab while scratching my leg. Since then, about three days ago there has been a clear liquid seeping from the wound and tracking down my leg. I have tried antiseptic cream sterile dressing, keeping the wound clean etc but nothing seems to help. There is no discomfort, no colour to the liquid and no smell. Is this normal or should I seek medical advice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Could you please post a picture of that for me here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many apologies, I am afraid I don't know how to atta h a photo this!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will talk to some one who can show me how to attach a photo then come back to you. Thank you for your prompt response!

I'll be here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I will find out how to send a photo then cone back to you.

Good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (763Z5LM)

Got it--hold on please

There's no infection there as yet but you need to have your doctor check it out

I would treat it with topical Silvadene cream and a tight nonstick bandage applied twice a day for a week

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** managed to contact my doctor and have an appointment this PM. Thank you for your advice.

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again