Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I a 70 years old (just). MJy husband is 81 and is recovering

Customer Question

I a 70 years old (just). MJy husband is 81 and is recovering from cancer treatment for Lymphoma. We have not yet had the scan to show if the treatment is successful. He has had a Boris letter to say he must shield. Does this mean I must stay in too? I have been careful and only going out when necessary but I run a little gallery and volunteer once a week. We are opening again on 19th. Do you thinking wise for me to go in if I am careful?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had lymphoma? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Since End January. He has had radioation for 3 weeks but not chemo as they thought it too toxic following prostate cancer 6 years ago when he had treatment of 17 weeks. He is not well and now has anameia.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about anemia?
Customer: Yes and they can't give iron as hi sFerratin level are low and iron wouldn't solve the problem they said. He has an appointment (a regular 6 month check for MDS) onWEdnesday when it will be discussed again. He is losing weight and has no appetite. V. worrying as we are not getting much support.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: He had penomonia in December which found the Hodgkins Lymphoma.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 year ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Gaurav Gupta, and I am here to help you today. I have more than 20 years of experience in the field of Medicine / Pediatrics. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you may ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. If you are interested in a phone call, then you may click on the request button (it costs extra!)

I would be glad to continue here either way.
Kind regards, ***** ***** MD

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your husband's problems.

You are quite correct, given your husband's problems, you need to shield as well, as you could be the source of COVID for him,

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. A TIP would be even better! If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD