neurosurg
neurosurg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  US MD
206912

I am shielding at the moment but has been asked to go to a

Customer Question

I am shielding at the moment but has been asked to go to a branch which is about one hour away from home to collect a laptop. I have to go on public transport which is the train to get there. It is not a family meeting. Am I allowed to do this?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: It is my husband who is diabetic, has a high blood pressure and has not been discharged as a bowel cancer patient.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about cancer?
Customer: He is an out patient. We have not seen a doctor lately.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: My husband is also registered blind. You mean medical history of the person shielding him?
Expert:  neurosurg replied 1 year ago.

Hello -

While you would not be legally restricted from doing this, being on public transport does expose you to others, and would be considered higher risk here.

Of course, by taking precautions -- wearing a mask the entire time, washing your hands and using hand sanitizer frequently, you could do this safely.

Expert:  neurosurg replied 1 year ago.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!