the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

Is there a hepatologist I could talk to for advice please?

JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No medications. I’ve spoke to a dr yes.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Allergic to penicillin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

I'm an internist

I can help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for specifics advice from a hepatologist. Is one available?

there are none on the site

I'm sorry

but why don't you give me a try

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a history for 2 years of abusing co codamol. Often taking 4x 30/500mg several times a day. I have some mild right upper quadrant pain that’s persevered for a few weeks after stopping all cocodomol use. Over the last year I’ve had abdominal al ultrasounds, many liver function tests and urinalysis which have all come back in n normal ranges or clear. I have been told sometimes the liver can still be damaged but still present normal liver function tests and it can be hard to see on ultrasounds. Is there a chance I have some liver damage?

If your ultrasounds and liver function tests are normal, basically 100% chance that you are fine

I would say highly highly unlikely you did damage

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could cause this upper right quadrant pain then? Could opiate abuse cause some GI issues that can linger. I do have a lot of mucus in my faeces since I stopped the opiates. Often large amounts of jelly like mucus when I wipe after defacating.

yes opioids can do this

also something like IBS

IBS can cause pain and mucous in the stool

gall bladder issues too

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.

very welcome :)