Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

Blood pressure medicine, No, my mom has very high blood

Customer Question

blood pressure medicine
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: my mom has very high blood pressure urgently needs medicine today. what can you suggest
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately we are not able to provide prescription medicines on this platform,

You would need to contact her GP or the prescribing doctor for the same,

Here is what the NHS suggests for emergency supply of medicines like BP medication refill

Where can I get an emergency supply of medicine?

If you urgently need medicine, contact your prescriber immediately to arrange a prescription. If this is not possible, you may be able to get medicine from a pharmacist in an emergency, subject to certain conditions.

You must have been prescribed the medicine before. In addition to this, the pharmacist:

• will usually need to see you face-to-face
  • must agree that you need the medicine immediately
  • will usually need evidence that you have been prescribed that medicine before
  • must be satisfied with the dose that is most appropriate for you to take

The pharmacist may provide an emergency supply of up to 30 days' treatment for most prescription medicines, with these exceptions:

• insulin, an ointment, a cream or an asthma inhaler – only the smallest pack size will be supplied
  • the contraceptive pill – only enough for a full treatment cycle will be supplied
  • liquid oral antibiotics – only the smallest quantity to provide a full course of treatment will be supplied

Only a limited range of controlled medicines can be prescribed in an emergency, such as those for epilepsy (phenobarbital). Many commonly used controlled medicines such as morphine or diamorphine cannot be supplied without a prescription by a pharmacist in an emergency.

The pharmacist will then make a note in their prescription book of:

• your name and address
  • the nature of the emergency
  • the date of the emergency supply
  • the name, quantity, form (e.g. capsules, tablets or liquid) and strength of the medicine

Even if the pharmacist is unable to give you an emergency supply of a medicine, they will advise you on how to obtain any essential medical care you may need.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/where-can-i-get-an-emergency-supply-of-medicine/

So I would recommend visiting your local pharmacy if the doctor is unable to generate a prescription for you, they will surely be able to assist,

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. A TIP would be even better! If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD