sofia khan
sofia khan, Doctor
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

What iseosacea and how can it be treated what causes it,

Customer Question

what iseosacea and how can it be treated what causes it
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: cheeks are very red and burning have been given cream rozex how long does it take for this cream to have any effect and will it work i am on warfin and will have to have further bloodtests as this skin medication might effect the warfin medication
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the redness?
Customer: yes two days ago took all this time to get a answer as to whether i should use the medication because of the warfin will it clear up in time
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: i have altrial fibrillation asthma diabetis high blood pressure
Expert:  sofia khan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician with specialist training in dermatology. I shall try and help you today with your query.

Let me have a quick read through and I’ll get back to you shortly.

Expert:  sofia khan replied 1 year ago.

Rosacea is a chronic condition, happens usually after 40 years of age. It is more common in females.

The exact cause is not known but some say it is due to the location of a mite on the skin called Demodex mite. now this mite is usually found on the skin in everyone, however, in the people with rosacea, its number is ***** The inflammation causes redness and dilated blood veins.

Bear in mind, it is a treatable condition but not curable. you may have to carry on using this cream or other treatment for long.

Expert:  sofia khan replied 1 year ago.

treatment wise, rozaex gel is suitable to begin with.

however, there are other newer treatments available as well such as ivermectin and brimonidine gel. sometimes oral treatments like doxyxyline and Accutane are also used for shorter durations.These have to be chosen according to the patient's medical history, severity of the condition and suitability in individual cases.

Expert:  sofia khan replied 1 year ago.

Please have a read through the following leaflet that gives you all up to date information.

https://www.bad.org.uk/shared/get-file.ashx?id=229&itemtype=document