Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

Sore throat for more than 2 mo this. Haorse voice

Sore throat for more than 2 mo this.
Haorse voice occasionally
Rash on pallet

Good morning, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for the picture. Please could I ask your age, medications you take, and how long have you had a hoarse voice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Age 39
No medications
Hoarse throat for a few months, not every day, mainly in the morning and at night occasionally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't take a call at the moment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has also already charged me £36

Sorry, the telephone call is offered automatically, messaging is perfect for this.

Thanks, ***** ***** a smoker? Also have you had a sore throat?

There shouldn't be an additional charge for this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vape, not really a sore throat.

If it has, I will flag this to check and refund, but I cannot do that until we have finished the conversation if that is okay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have difficulty in swallowing, but does get
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It said £5 same as I have been charged before, but when confirmed cam up a lot more?

Okay thanks. So one of the main causes to a hoarse voice is acid reflux, this does not have to be painful (silent reflux). Smoking can certainly be an irritant to it. You can manage potential reflux by reducing alcohol, large meals, caffeine and also try a medication called Esomeprazole - you can get this from a pharmacy (Nexium). If after 2 weeks there is no improvement, and you have had an occasional hoarse voice for more than 2 months, you will need to be seen by an ENT surgeon to do a straight forward camera test to look at the vocal chords (this is a 2minute check which is done through the nose and very well tolerated.

The image of your throat however is not concerned, some of the bumps can be normal, but any of these can be aggravated by reflux

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.

So I would trial the esomeprazole, and if no improvement, will need to contact your GP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Always worried about cancer etc.

Of course, and sensible to consider it, however sounds reflux related. But no response, then a simple camera test is sensible to exclude a more sinister cause

Please could you kindly rate my response, I will then be able to flag up for customer services to check what you have been charged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will.

Great, thank you. I will flag it now. If you have not heard anything in 7 days, please follow this up with them. Best of luck