Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am a black woman who clean houses my boss is self employed

Customer Question

I am a black woman who clean houses my boss is self employed and i am her only the only full-time staff that she has. I have had breast cancer 3 years ago and still on medication. I live at home with my 87year old father with high blood pressure, diabetes and kidney disease. IMy boss wants to take me off furlough as she needs has arranged for me to go back to work full-time going in and out of 15/20 houses so that she can stay at home because she cant afford child care for her to return to work. If i don't go back now she will sack me.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. I’m sorry. Most people are going back to work with appropriate precautions. Cleaning houses is not really high risk. You should be wearing a mask and gloves. Do you contact any owners of the homes while you are there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The houses that i clean 99% of the clients work from home anyway so there is some sort of contact and more than 90% of them are family houses with 2/6 people living there.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
If you are wearing a mask and staying 6 feet apart, your risk is still low. I know you are concerned but in terms of risk, this is a lower risk than many people going back to work.